Wednesday, February 16, 2011

being patient

I am having trouble being patient this week.  I am so anxious to finish up my Innocent Crush quilt.  As you can see, I decided to do use a meandering pattern, and it sure takes a lot of thread!  I only had a half a spool of gray thread, so as soon as I decided to quilt it this way, I quickly ordered some gray Gutermanns online.  But a week later, it is still not here.  Sigh. 
In the meantime, I've pulled out the string blocks I started last spring when I was still pregnant with Finley.  While I was planning her nursery, I originally thought I'd design her room around this line (Hope Valley by Denyse Schmidt).  Then I saw Joel Dewberry's Modern Meadow and all my plans went out the window.  The berry palette was my favorite, just perfect for a baby girl's nursery, and I ended up making this quilt instead. 
I'm excited to be working on these blocks again.  I am hoping to make a twin, and it will go on Finley's bed when she outgrows her crib.  The walls in the room she will move into are a soft gray, and I think this will look perfect in there.

Okay, off to get a little sewing in while she is snoozing.
xx, Ang

13 comments:

  1. I'm seeing ideas I love for my second Hope Valley quilt and this one may be IT!! So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Angela, I love that quilt you made for Finley! the embroidery is just exquisite!!!mmmm tell me what are the dimensions of it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my goodness...i love your Hope Valley strings So SO much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a pretty project to come back to. I know how hard it is when you want to be working on something else. Hoping your thread arrives today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These colours are just perfect together.
    Did it arrive yet?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I used grey for my Lady of the Lake quilt and ran out early on because I too started with only a half a spool. I was so overzealous in ordering it (to make sure I had enough) that I have TONS left. Too bad you aren't here. I could share a spool, or 5!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. when Hope Valley first came out, I was kind of "so-so" about it. Now I LOVE it. And I'm afraid it will go the way of FMF and be hard to find. I'm feeling a need to stock up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. those strip blocks are so pretty....they will be perfect in a gray room

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely quilting! How annoying that the thread is taking so long!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This may possibly be my favorite quilt that you have ever made. I can't wait to see the finished product! In person. If you read your texts...you will see that we can continue our friendship whenever you want. Haha! Yipee! I am not longer a hermit!

    ReplyDelete
  11. ahhh! between you & Jeni, whenever I need a burst of cheerful color, I just read your blogs! Your quilt looks so pretty & the gray is just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The quilt is looking beautiful! I have to admit after Hope Valley first came out I bought a bit, but felt kinda meh about it. The past couple weeks I have seen some great projects like yours made with it & feel like I should get a little stash before it goes the way of FMF :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just gorgeous - it is inspiring me to cut into my stash of Hope Valley! Unfortunately it is currently being packed for our house move tomorrow - however my sewing room/study/treadmill room will be unpacked as a priority after beds, kitchen and Sophie's toys and books (these may be 1st!) over the weekend.

    So glad I found your blog.

    ReplyDelete