Monday, February 7, 2011

Innocent Crush quit top


I finished up my Innocent Crush quilt top this weekend.  Let me just tell you, I am completely in love with this fabric.  I adore every single piece in this line.  The colors are so rich and vibrant, and the patterns play together nicely.  I really enjoyed every minute spent working on this.


Though I hadn't planned on it, I ended up adding three borders.  I usually don't add more than one (probably because I'm lazy and ready to be finished with it at that point), but this one really called for it.  I'm very happy that I did, it was worth the time and effort.


Now I'm almost done piecing the backing, so hopefully I'll get it basted by the end of the day.  I am thinking I might stipple this one.  I'm a little apprehensive about doing that on a quilt this size.  I've done it many times on smaller projects, but I imagine it is a little more difficult on a larger quilt.  Hmmm... I'll have to think about it some more.

I have to admit, this quilt is supposed to be a gift.  But I'm having a problem... I don't know if I can give this one away!  I really like it alot, both the fabrics and the pattern.  I'm not sure what I'm going to do.  Have you ever had that problem? 

Have a great Monday!
xoxo, Angela

PS - Keep your eye out for a fun giveaway later on in the week for all of you lovely readers who follow along over there <== in my sidebar.  I"m excited for this one!

27 comments:

  1. Eeek, it's gorgeous Angela! I've been pining for some Innocent Crush but I'm trying to save my money. I can't wait to see the completed quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. umm YUMM! this is so pretty! can't wait to see it all laid out! i need to click away from here, you're making me want to quit my fabric diet and snatch up this whole line! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The glimpses of this quilt are gorgeous! Can't wait to see the entire quilt as well as see how you decide to quilt it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely lovely!

    I am interested to see how you quilt this, as I am almost at that stage with my current project and I'm not sure how I'm going to quilt it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow, that's beyond beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's a keeper!!! Love it and go for the stippling---it's hard on the arms, but totally worth it and quick to do:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am on the edge of my seat to see this one all spread out!! it's so gorgeous already and I only can see small glimpses of the entire quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks beautiful! I imagine that it will be hard to give it away :(

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ha ha, yes I've had that problem and I say keep it!! I gave mine away and it wasn't of interest to the recipient. I'm still sad about it. Your quilt looks so beautiful, can't wait to see the whole thing. But then I think quilts look best in photos like those so I'm loving it. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  10. No surprise...it rocks! =) Since I missed out on the creative gene...and can't quilt...I have no idea what the terms are all about. Lol! But I am a good quilting listener...haha! I'm always impressed with you...and even more since you do it all with three children!

    ReplyDelete
  11. looks beautiful angela. I can see why you would have a hard time giving it up! At least you know you can make yourself another one, right?!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Angela, I really don't blame you for wanting to keep it! The fabrics are gorgeous. Would love to see the whole quilt with its borders. :)
    sandangels1945@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, it really is beautiful! Just like all the other things you make! :) I can't wait to see what your borders you added look like!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This quilt is so you! It's just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Angela you are a machine lately! And I am completely, utterly in love with this one! This was a perfect pattern for IC and the ash was a lovely choice. It's just delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I wasn't too sure about this line but I love how this quilt is looking & can't wait to see it finished! Just might have to get some Innocent Crush for myself!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous quilt. I was lucky enough to receive some scraps of Innocent Crush and I couldn't agree more about the colour palette. I think you should keep it :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. It looks great and I love the fabric. When you finish it would you mind post a picture of the whole quilt. I would love to see what it really looks like with the boarders.

    ReplyDelete
  19. You may have to put this one up, complete one you can give in it's place and then come back and spoil yourself with this great quilt! Some I select material that just screams someone's name and then you KNOW that it has to be for them. But when it is whispering your name, you HAVE to listen, right?? But hey, I think I'd have some wonderful dreams under this new quilt if you don't want it!!!
    I know a new knitter who has yet to knit anything that is not for her, because she can't part with it. I think that she is having her daughter knit so that she can knit her own stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Looking really nice. I am really liking this one.

    ReplyDelete
  21. congratulations this quilt is superb! I will like to be the one to whom you will offer it, because I like the colors very fresh kisses Regina

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow, I'm sooo impressed !!!
    Pleeeease can you tell where to get the pattern or in which book of Anna Maria Horner it could be found??

    Greetings from Germany,
    Tina

    ReplyDelete