Monday, March 7, 2011

Hope Valley pillow

I finally got around to finishing my Hope Valley pillow.  This is the second time I made a Single Girl block, trimmed it with pom poms, and turned it into a pillow.  The first was a surprise for a friend, but this one is staying with me.

Well, actually it is for Finley's big girl bed.  It will go with the Hope Valley string quilt that I am working on.  Only 18 more string blocks (out of 88 total, I think) and I'll be ready to piece that quilt top together.

Did I mention that she is only 8 months old?  Yeah, nowhere near ready for a big girl bed.  I swear, with all of the pretty, girly fabrics out there, she is going to have a dozen quilts on that bed by the time she is old enough for it. 

Anyways, back to the pillow!  It is a big one, almost 24" finished.  It is made out of Hope Valley by Denyse Schmidt, Kona coal, and Riley Blake pom pom trim.


Can I just tell you how much I adore these pom poms?  I'm not going to lie- they are a pain in the butt to sew, but I think they are totally worth it.  I took some pictures while I sewed the trim on, so I'll be back later on in the week with a tutorial to share with you.  About time, right?

{ pom pom tutorial can be found here }

xo Ang

previous post on this pillow:  back in business

11 comments:

  1. I love the pompoms too - every time. I'm curious to see why they are a pain to sew.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love, love, love! This will be an adorable bedding set! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the pillow and the pom poms are super cute...definitely worth the hassle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The pom pom trim is just perfect! Great job as always!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable! Can't wait to learn more about the pom pom trim, been wanting to use some myself!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just perfect, pom poms and all!!!
    Pamela.Adams62@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the pompoms - I know I'd never have the patience to sew them (and I'm not sure my boy-toddler would be terribly impressed with them), so I'll just admire yours.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it! See you soon!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. :) oh you know how I swoon over those pompoms! I love how tiny they are! Finley's pillow is just perfect and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What size did your pillow cover end up being? I'm making one now, but the final size of the block is going to be 22" and I can't find any pillow forms that size, so I'm going to have to make it 24". Is that why you added the gray border around the pillow?

    ReplyDelete