Life is so busy and full and happy. Many things going on that I'd like to remember and share, so a list is what I have today.
1. We are spending as much time together as a family as we possibly can, and there has been lots of swimming, fires, and campouts in the backyard. Weston will be starting kindergarten in 16 days. He is so excited, and I'm so excited for him. We have all day K here, 5 days a week, so it'll be quite an adjustment.
2. My little man Elijah starts preschool in a month. He'll be going 2 mornings a week, and he is totally pumped. It'll be fun for him, and I'm looking forward to spending more time with this little girl...
... who is growing like a weed, by the way, and changing daily. At 13 months (tomorrow), her preferred mode of transportation in walking now. Or climbing. Definitely keeping me on my toes. I snapped this picture the other day during Steve's lunch break. She is always a happy, sweaty mess when she wakes up after naptime. :)
3. I finished my Swoon quilt top over the weekend! I love it so much. I have to put it aside for now, I have another quilt to make, some designing to do, and Farmer's Wife blocks to work on. I am looking forward to having this on my bed for the fall and winter. Here are my last two blocks:
4. I came across this nice round up for mug rugs, if you're interested! I was happy to see my selvedge mini included in the list. I think I need to make some more of those to use as potholders.
5. In my neverending hunt for living room curtains, I stumbled across West Elm, and it is my new favorite store. Currently in my shopping cart: this, this, and this. How have I never heard of this store before??
6. I pulled my trusty old coffee pot out of the pantry and made hot coffee for the first time in months. I think I am finally getting over my iced coffee obsession. Today it is all about the hot coffee and Almond Joy creamer. Yum.