Wednesday, November 30, 2011

recovering

I think I'm in recovery mode after the long Thanksgiving weekend.  It went well, the meal and everything, I'm thankful for that.  The day went off without a hitch, and we all really enjoyed ourselves and each other.  After the long weekend (the kiddos just went back to school today), I am ready for a some restful days! 
I squeezed in a bit of crafty time admist the chaos.  I made this quick and easy bunting out of some of my favorite red and green fabrics.  It was a nice afternoon project. 
I think this little bird is my favorite out of the whole thing.  I wish they'd reprint this line!! 
I did quite a bit of knitting.  Big surprise right?  I am thoroughly addicted!  This cowl is getting so big and squishy.  I should finish it up in the next day or two, so I'll share more details then.
I also finished up my Swoon quilt!  It has taken its rightful place on our messy bed... Along with my Flea Market Fancy quilt, of course. 
As soon as the weather breaks (it has been rainy/snowy here!) I will get some full shots of the finished quilt.  I can't wait to share it with you. 
Be back soon!
xo, A

18 comments:

  1. you have officially inspired me to knit a honey cowl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope the recovery is going well, look at you knocking those cowls out one after the other!!
    Love the quilting on your swoon, makes it even more swoooony!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Swoon quilt looks so pretty... can't wait to see it in its entirety! And I have a bunch of triangles leftover from a project that I want to make into bunting...one of these days!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to swoon completely over the Swoon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. all these teasers for the swoon are killing me! i can't wait to see it! sun, please come out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. your quilt and quilting look beautiful!!... hope you get some sunshine so we can see the whole thing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can't wait to see the finished quilt. The quilting looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful and beautiful! I love your projects (I knit myself two scarfs last Christmas) and I can't wait for the whole swoon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your Swoon quilt looks so pretty! And I love your owl candle!

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh my goodness - can't wait to see allll of your Swoon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That swoon quilt looks like it will be fantastic. Also, I LOVE love that bunting you've made. I have to admit...I may have to copy that idea. And since I'm currently making a Starry Eyed quilt from your pattern on MBS, I guess you could say I like the stuff you make :-).

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can't believe how much you're knitting! I'm still working on the cowl I started at Summit. I'd love to knit a sweater but I'd probably finish it just in time for spring :) Send some snow down our way! I'm ready! And I LOVE your Swoon quilt. I'm plugging away at mine, ready to snuggle under it. Hope your holidays are joyous! xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. It looks really nice. Those blocks are huge.

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh wow... that cowl looks wonderful and I can't wait to see the rest of the quilt! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, I cannot wait to see your completed Swoon and your new cowl looks so squishy and warm! What pattern are you using?

    ReplyDelete
  16. You are a knitting machine!!! love it all!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ohhhh, da lolly. I dig the bunting and can't wait to see more of that quilt. I want to know about those fabrics! They look cool :-) Oh, fabric love.

    ReplyDelete
  18. your swoon looks wonderful. I am working on one now.

    ReplyDelete