Monday, December 5, 2011

Christmas decorations overload.

I'm definitely the kinda girl that decorates for Christmas, and I'm glad I finally got to pull out my Starry Eyed quilt last week.  I had so much fun making this quilt for the Moda Bakeshop, and it is about time I get to use it!  If you are interested in the tutorial, you can find it by clicking on the following picture:
If you make this quilt, please let me know!  Several people have sent me pictures of their versions, and they are amazing.  Seeing your pictures is the best.
We get to use this pair of Christmas pillows again.  They got pretty dirty last year (thank you,  kids/husband/dog), so it is a good thing they were removable covers!  They washed up quite nicely.
The stockings and bunting are hung, and now we are ready for some gift wrapping.  Well, after I go buy some. I love this part.

In farming news, Amanda and I decided a holiday break is in order.  If you are sewing along, please check out this post in our flickr group!  All of the details are there.

Okay, back to knitting.  Happy Monday!
xo, A

14 comments:

  1. love that quilt! I'm waiting for all my Ringo Pie blocks to finally make a Christmas one...and I am totally going to use some of my birds to make a pillow like that - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a cute quilt! I love the way it looks in holiday colors, but it would clearly be awesome in other fabrics as well. That one's a winner! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The quilt is beautiful....do you have a flickr group. It would be great to see others quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great quilt and stockings - looks like you are set for Christmas! I take it you have sent your cards, bought and wrapped presents and are putting your feet up by the fire knitting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah, you have such happy decorations! And I saw you tweet about starting another cowl. You've been bitten, for sure!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE that quilt!!! And, all of your decorations look lovely! I love this time of year, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Man. I wish I had time to decorate. Your decorations look great.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm just in the process of making your starry eyed quilt!!!
    Thanks so much for such a wonderful tutorial and quilt!!!
    I'm also a Farmer's Girl...only I'm fickle and don't stick to a schedule....thanks for all the quilting fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'd almost forgotten how beautiful that quilt is! We made it for a friend in need in red and aqua, but I LOVE it in the dark christmas palette. Oh and the pillows... awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That quilt is awesome! I made a table runner inspired by your flickr images. You can see it here: http://suleon.blogspot.com/2011/11/countdown-to-christmas-table-runner.html
    Susanne

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE that quilt! I was thinking of trying to collect some of those fabrics for a Christmas quilt - we'll see.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi! Greetings from Finland! Your quilts are so fantastic! It's so nice to find other quilters all around the world! www.quiltworld2.blogspot.com
    Yours, Ulla

    ReplyDelete
  13. I wanted to let you know that I made my daughter a quilt from this tutorial...she loves it and so do I! Thanks so much for sharing the pattern:)

    If you'd like to see it, here's a link to my blog post:

    http://dottyjanedesigns.blogspot.com/2011/12/two-quilts-for-christmas.html

    ReplyDelete