Monday, February 13, 2012

week 28 - FWQAL

Hi there!  I hope you had a nice weekend.  We spent most of ours home sick.  Not the best thing ever, but we got through it.  Yesterday we all felt much better, and today I'm glad to say that we are back to normal.  I meant to post these blocks earlier, but blogging while sick is just no fun.  But sock knitting while sick, now that is another story!

week 28 blocks
So here are my most recent FW blocks.  I actually sewed them way back in December, right before we decided to take our farming break. 

54 kitchen woodbox
54 Kitchen Woodbox - favorite of the batch, I love this fabric combo

66 periwinkle
66 Periwinkle

71 puss in corner
71 Puss in Corner - don't love this, may redo

81 snowball
81 Snowball

85 square dance
85 Square Dance - LOVE the Heather Ross seagulls, thrilled to use in a FW block!

week 28 blocks
Thanks so much for all of the kind comments on my last post about my 53 FW blocks, and on flickr too.  I am really proud of these blocks.  It has been quite the journey so far; I've learned a lot and have really been challenged.

Hope you have a great Monday!
xo, Angela

This post is part of the Farmer's Wife Quilt-a-long, please feel free to jump in at any time! 
More information and previous posts can be found HERE.

9 comments:

  1. your block #54 is my favorite FW block ever. so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look great Angela! I love the periwinkle one especially. Glad everyone is on the mend at your house.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What's your book name?..beacuse,very nice patterns:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. They're looking great!
    I'm sorry to hear you were all sick. :( That's no fun... but maybe the sock knitting was?! Hope to see those soon.
    :) Jess

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the little gnome! He is soooo cute! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice job. I'm down to the last seven blocks, and I'm getting excited but sorry to see this end.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice! I'm thinking about buying club book and starting a quilt. I've read some pretty bad reviews on Amazon, mostly having to do with the patterns not being the correct size and no measurements. Have you had any problems with this? Do you have to calculate the size of each block/piece as you go?

    Thanks for sharing your work! Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am only on Block #15, for those of us who just got on the bandwagon, we are featuring the blocks at the virtual Friday Night Block party. I'm using scraps but I love your fussy cutting. It looks so well, intentional : ) great job!

    ReplyDelete