Tuesday, September 10, 2013

almost there!

briar rose quilting briar rose binding
Things are going great with my Briar Rose quilt.  I quilted it a couple weeks ago on the hottest two days of August.  Great decision, right?  It was such a cool month for us, of course it just happened to be sweltering the two days I was in the mood to quilt.  I still had fun working on it, I love quilting and Netflix.  I've been working on the binding the last couple days.  I tend to drag this part out because I love it so much.  I ended up using the same herringbone print from Cloud 9 (at Joann's!!) for the binding.  It is the perfect binding print.  Pretty sure I need that one in multiple colors.  Be back soon!  xo, Angela

PS - I have lots of fun posts over on the Craftsy blog in case you missed them! You can see them on my author page.  There is quite the debate on my post about the pros and cons of  prewashing fabrics (I guess I'm in the minority... I rarely washing my quilting cottons, only those for apparel!)

5 comments:

  1. I'm a new reader, so you may have said this 20 times before, but do you quilt with a normal machine? I have been machine piecing and then hand quilting because I didn't want to stuff everything through my Singer and can't afford a long-arm quilting machine just yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your stippling looks perfect! Lovely quilt

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful quilt. I too love sewing the binding on. Bliss!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it, my dear! I need more fabric in that warm pink/coral color. I also need to catch up on your Craftsy articles! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This will be just beautiful when it is finished. Briar Rose is such an amazing fabric and I really like the backing too.

    ReplyDelete