Sunday, September 29, 2013

Little Apples finished!

little apples - garden fence quilt
little apples - garden fence quilt
little apples - garden fence quilt
It is no big secret that I love Little Apples. This is my second quilt with this line (remember the first?) and I can't get enough of it! The colors are so unique, just perfect for autumn aren't they? The illustrations are so sweet and charming. That Aneela, she sure is good at designing fabric isn't she?
This is my first time using the Garden Fence block. If you haven't tried this one yet, you have to! I am going to make another version of this pattern very soon. The finished block is so cute, and it is really easy.
little apples - garden fence quilt
little apples - garden fence quilt
little apples - garden fence quilt
quilt stats
fabric - Little Apples by Aneela Hoey, black and white text prints and mono pez
pattern- Garden Fence by Hyacinth Quilt Designs
backing and binding - DS Quilts
pieced and quilted by me

If you are interested in purchasing this quilt, you can find it right here in my Etsy shop sold, thank you!! We spent the day at church and the pumpkin farm with friends so I am beat and off to bed. When did I get to be such a wimp and so old?? xo, Angela :)

previous posts on the making of this quilt:
finally binding and a new project
little apples quilt top
basting made fun

13 comments:

  1. This is darling! I have wanted to make this block forever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Little Apples too but it is a secret because I've been hoarding the fabric. Lol! Your quilt is precious, I love how you incorporated text fabrics. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great, and I really love the black Pez in there for a strong pop.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is stunning and so stylish. Tanks for sharing and inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this quilt Angela! Just perfect, as always :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. it's so pretty angela!!!! the colors are really unique and you mixed in some other great prints too. beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it, Angela! I had to laugh when I saw this...my current WIP is a garden fence block using Posy by Aneela. I'm almost half way through making the blocks, and haven't stopped admiring the sweet, whimsical illustrations. I really love her style too. I only had a layer cake though, so had to redesign the block to fit the fabric.


    Great minds think alike! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it! Fall is my favorite!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pretty and that was one of my favorite lines from Aneela! Have a lovely week! xo Heather

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ok I love it! This fabric line always reminded me of Christmas for whatever reason. The reds and greens and that icy blue probably. Quilt looks great Angela!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this pattern! I have it all ready to cut out for my next project :) This quilt is gorgeous and I love the fabric you used.

    Are you really in Erie??? I live in Meadville :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. very nice. i wish that i that i had enough ambition to make a quilt that large.

    ReplyDelete