Wednesday, November 13, 2013

and the obsessive knitting has begun.

purple lowbrow cowl One mitt done!.

Yeah, it is that time of year again. If you know me at all or have followed this blog for awhile, you know that as soon as the weather cools I retreat to the couch with my yarn. I have been knitting quite a bit lately. I am trying to be good, so I am mostly working on Christmas gifts and knitting from my stash. Here is a little peek of a few of the things I've made lately. All of details are available on my Ravelry page. I might try to blog about each of the projects here if I get a chance, but for now you can read about everything there if you want info.

Shimmer in Blue cowl and Snoflinga hat

That purple Lowbrow cowl in that top photo is my most favorite knit right now. I may need to knit another in a neutral color so that I can wear it everyday! The Plucky Knitter traveler aran yarn and the drape in that pattern are just perfect. I took that picture this morning while I was at Tim Hortons and posted it on instagram (@fussycut). I have been doing my Craftsy work there twice a week while Finley is at preschool. It is amazing how much work I can get done there! Working (writing specifically) at home is so hard for me, I just get too distracted. Now I call it my office, and I write and drink lots of coffee while I'm there. Pretty sweet deal I think. If you want to read my Craftsy blog posts, you can find them right here on my author page!

I'll be back soon with that spray basting tutorial you all asked for way back here, I haven't forgotten about it! I also have a finished Briar Rose quilt to share with you. Happy Wednesday! xo Ang

7 comments:

  1. Looking good but even more so, I simply adore that colour!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is definitely knitting season! Those cowls look great, I have yarn stashed for one of my very own.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just started knitting again myself. Probably for the same reason... it's chilly. Your gifts look amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! I love love crocheting in the cool weathered months.

    Amanda Rose
    www.sewmuch2say.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely woolly makes... lucky ducks who receive those gifts! I plan to spend an hour or so this afternoon cosying up with some knitting. Bliss

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish I could knit. These things are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  7. All of your knit pieces look lovely. I think you do a better job at picking out yarn than I do because there's a certain sheen to your pieces. nice work.

    ReplyDelete