Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Falling Leaves

Falling leaves quilt
Hi friends! My goal for the fall was to list a few of my quilts in the shop. I am swimming in quilts that have never even been used, and we are running out of storage space in our small home! As hard as it is to let go of my quilts, knowing that they are being loved by their new owners makes me happy.
Falling leaves quilt Falling leaves quilt
Today I am sharing my Falling Leaves quilt. Seems like it is an appropriate time to share this one, since Thanksgiving is tomorrow! I designed this quilt using the classic maple leaves block for the Sweet Celebrations with the Moda Bakeshop Chefs. I loved creating a clean and modern design out of such a beautiful traditional block. This is the first time I ever had a project quilted on a long arm machine. Sharon Sweetland, who is a nationally awarded long arm quilter, did such an incredible job. She also quilted my Swoon quilt that I made out of AMH's Good Folks, remember that one? Those swirls make me want to have everything quilted professionally.
Falling leaves quilt Falling leaves quilt
quilt stats:
fabric: Moda Bella warm pastel fabrics, Kate Spain for backing
pattern: Falling Leaves by me, featured in the Sweet Celebrations book
quiting: swirls by Sharon Sweetland

You can find this quilt right here in my Etsy shop. I hope that you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving! My family is trying something new this year. We've hosted our families for the past 9 years, and we thought we would take a break and eat out this year! Our families are going to be eating a gourmet meal at a local ski resort and I cannot wait. xoxo, Angela

10 comments:

  1. Love your quilt AND your Thanksgiving plan - sounds fun to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilt is beautiful! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those colours are beautiful! Happy Thanksgiving to you from Montreal Canada!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous quilt, the swirls are indeed perfect. I love your skinny sashing too - can I ask how wide it is?
    We don't celebrate Thanksgiving in Australia, but I think your idea of eating out is brilliant. I've often wondered how you guys (Americans+ Canadians) manage having two really big, family gathering, food centric holidays so close to each other. Christmas preparations exhaust me - the though of having to do it a second time in November too - well, let's just say that I'd be eating out as well! Enjoy, and thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you had a lovely Thanksgiving! With Hanukkah and Thanksgiving all mushed together this year, I'm super burnt out on hosting! Good for you! The quilt looks like fall at a spa - very soothing autumn colors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The quilt looks so autumnal... Hope you had a lovely Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete